Tenants FAQs

This is usually one month’s rent plus £100.00.

 Again this can vary from Landlord to Landlord – please enquire with reference to the property you are interested in.

No – once you have completed your tenancy agreement you will need to register with utility providers of your choice for gas, electricity, water, council tax and any other utilities that you require at the property and pay for those services separately. We will provide you with all necessary meter readings at the time of your check in.

Once we have all your supporting documentation in place and have completed your employers and previous landlords referencing you can take possession of your new home (normally 4/5 days from start to finish – providing we have prompt responses from your referees and the property you are applying for is vacant). In exceptional cases we have moved tenants into their new home by the next day.

The standard term of our Assured Short Term Tenancy Agreement is six months (although in certain cases we can negotiate longer or shorter periods with Landlords).

You will need to give two month’s written notice of your intention to vacate your property.

You will only need to make one call to Cookes Property Management and we will deal with any maintenance issues that you may have.

No but in taking up a tenancy, you must have adequate insurance cover (min cover £2500) that will pay for any accidental damage to the landlord’s furniture (if applicable), fixtures and fittings in the property. This is known as Tenants Liability Insurance. If you have given consent you will be contacted regarding contents insurance by our partner company Endsleigh who can cover your Tenant Liability as part of their contents insurance.  You will be required to show proof of your Tenant Liability Insurance prior to the commencement of tenancy. Failure to do this will result in the commencement of tenancy being delayed until such time Tenant Liability Insurance is purchased and proof of purchase is provided to us.