Anti-Social Behaviour Procedure

If we are made aware that there is Anti-Social Behaviour by you or anyone visiting the property, we will take the following steps:

Step 1:
We will contact you regarding the complaint we have received and ask for your account of the issues.

Step 2:

If we have concerns that the report is valid, we will write and inform you of the behaviour that needs to be addressed or the actions that need to be taken and within what timeframe.
We may also arrange to visit you at the property or invite you into the office to discuss the concerns face-to-face

Step 3:

If the behaviour continues, we will send you a final written warning and contact the Local Authority (and the Police if relevant).

Step 4:

If the Anti-Social Behaviour continues this will ultimately result in you being served notice to vacate the property.

If you are experiencing Anti-Social Behaviour and know your neighbour is renting and who from, talk to their landlord first. This might be a private landlord, housing association or the council.

If that doesn’t sort out the problem, you can go to the council if you haven’t already talked to them. Check their website for how to complain about Anti-Social Behaviour.

You can go straight to the council if:

  • you don’t know whether your neighbour rents or owns
  • they rent but you don’t know who from
  • they own their home

Please inform us if you are experiencing difficulties with Anti-Social Behaviour so that we are aware and can provide support. Please however note that the Council require the person experiencing the Anti-Social Behaviour to report the incident.

Please also visit the website for further information and advice: Antisocial behaviour: how to get help – GOV.UK (