Landlord FAQs

What are the initial set up costs to me should I decide to let a property through your company?

LETTING SERVICE All Charges & Fees will be PLUS VAT
1 Tenancy Set Up Fee £150.00 For the administration of the Application Process and the Tenancy Agreement for each new Tenancy (Fully Managed)
2 Inventory & Schedule of Condition Report Dependent on size, type of whether furnished (Schedule of costs available on request)
3 Withdrawal Fee (if you withdraw prior to the tenancy Agreement being signed but after a suitable tenant has been agreed) 25% of one month’s rent subject to a minimum of £100
4 Gas Safety Check (GS) Standard Charge applicable at the time
5 Energy Performance Certificate (EPC) Standard Charge applicable at the time
6 Electrical Installation Condition Report (EICR) Standard Charge applicable at the time
7 Portable Appliance Test (PAT) Standard Charge applicable at the time
FULLY MANAGED All Charges & Fees will be PLUS VAT
8 Negotiating addenda to Tenancy Agreement £50
9 Attendance Fee per additional Property Visit requested by you £25
11 Overseeing repairs and improvements of a capital nature 10% plus VAT of the cost of the work (excluding VAT)
12 Rent Review / Increases (Section 13 Notices) £50
13 Statutory Testing Renewal (GS, EPC, EICR, PAT) Standard Charge applicable at the time



What is deposit protection?

By law, landlords and agents who take a deposit from tenants under an assured Shorthold Tenancy Agreement (AST) must protect that deposit using a government-authorised tenancy deposit protection scheme.

What is an EPC and how often should they be completed?

An EPC is an Energy Performance Certificate (EPC) which give information on how to make your home more energy efficient and reduce carbon dioxide emissions, and last for ten years. All homes bought, sold or rented require an EPC. Visit more information

What are electrical safety checks and are they required?

The Electrical Equipment (Safety) Regulations 1994 oblige every landlord to ensure that any electrical appliances in the property are safe. It is required that all appliances are checked for defects and that a record of all checks are logged.

What are gas safety checks and how often should they be completed?

It is a legal requirement that the landlord ensures that a gas safety inspection is carried out annually and that a Gas Safety Certificate is provided by a Gas Safe registered engineer. This certificate must be issued to the tenant, and agent within 28 days of the safety check being carried out (we can arrange this service for you). Visit more information.

Do you charge a premium for arranging maintenance calls with your preferred contractors?

No – unlike most other letting agents we provide a copy of the original repair invoice with your monthly statement.

How long is a typical fixed term tenancy agreement?

We recommend a minimum of a 6 month fixed term, as per our standard AST, depending on the requirements of both the Landlord and the Prospective Tenant.

What is a periodic tenancy?

A periodic tenancy means that after the initial fixed term has ended the contract continues on a monthly basis.

Is my rent guaranteed?

No – but we can offer a rent guarantee scheme, which is available at an additional cost upon request.

How much notice do I need to issue to gain possession of my property?

In order to end the agreement you are required to issue 2 months written notice.

How much notice does my tenant need to issue in order to terminate the contract?

We ask for two month’s written notice from all tenants, however once the initial fixed term period has expired the tenant could leave within 4 weeks.